Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Monday, December 1, 2014

HEY, SANTA!


HEY, SANTA!

Monday, December 1, 2014






Dear Reader,

It's the first day of December and Christmas is twenty-four days away! Can you tell I might be excited!!? Well, maybe just a wee little bit.  :)

Does it feel like the year just flew by? It does to me. You won't find me complaining though, because I love the joy of the holidays, the music, lights and colors, the warmth and friendliness of people, the smiles, the cheer, and oh, yes, the gift-giving!

I love to gift to others year round. I love to surprise people, donate to meaningful causes, pay it forward...you get the picture.

One of my most favorite things to do for others over the past forty years has been to send flowers to family and friends. It does not matter what the occasion is as much as I love to surprise someone. A beautiful bouquet says "Thank you", "I love you", I am thinking of you today", "I hope you feel better soon" or "Just because!"

I send flowers to myself, too. No woman needs ever wait for someone else to think of this, no way! I will send myself flowers if I am feeling down and in need of a beautiful pick-me-up bouquet or just because the house needs fresh flowers. There just is nothing like flowering plants or fresh cut blooms. Gets me every time! 


What do you do for your Self? 
...seriously. 


Do you have lovely candles in your home and light them often? Do you have pretty bars of soap at the sink and fragrant bath gels and bubble bath surrounding your bathtub? 

Did you order something pretty for yourself on a whim, that you saw on-line or in the window of your favorite shop? 

What's your favorite kind of store? I love eclectic shops, like antiques and vintage. I love the store that advertises on television with those stylish ads about home decor. You know, the one with an assortment of candles, pillows, furniture, rugs, tableware and textiles from around the world. The one where the cute little figurines talk to the shopper? That one! Love it!

What I am trying to say here is, be good to yourself this month. I know it's easy to get overwhelmed with long lists of things to do, preparations to make, parties to attend, shopping, cooking, entertaining, oh wow, tired huh, just thinking about it? 

Well, do this one thing just for you - give yourself a gift of time in the next few weeks. Take some moments to create calmness and quiet. Sip a glass of your favorite beverage, put your feet up, close your eyes, soak in the tub...you get the idea. Put yourself first and everything else will fall into place. Truly, it all will! 

So what if you are a little late for something because you forgot to gas up the car? Slow down, b-r-e-a-t-h-e, let it all go. You are the most important thing in your life and everything else will fall into place, as they are meant to.

Prioritize by making a list if you know you cannot do it all. Give time to what is truly important to you that will benefit you or someone you care for. Then let the rest fall away, realizing you can only do so much and that this is good enough.

Let the little girl in you enjoy the holidays! Now, go out there and make merry and bright!

My best to you, with love and joy,
Laren





"Thank you for reading and have a great day!
-Laren


No comments: