Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Sunday, December 7, 2014

ALWAYS LOOK TOWARD THE GOOD


ALWAYS LOOK

TOWARD THE GOOD

Sunday, December 7th, 2014





Dear Reader,

How many times would you suppose that you have fallen and felt as if you could not get back up? Maybe once a week or every other day?

Sometimes, for me, those days come together and it takes more effort to push through the fog. I have dealt with depression throughout my adult life. Sometimes it has been a light form and other times darker.

I have always been one to seek the biblical Hope, to have faith and to trust in a higher power greater than myself. I do this every day but it is a bigger effort on the days when I feel overwhelmed.

I trust my inner voice to lead me in the right direction. I know when it is speaking with a spiritual sureness, with a conviction of strength. You learn what works and follow it!

Last week I wrote a blog asking for help for someone in great need. I received no comments and no offers of support for her. This left me feeling sad. But sadness is only an emotional mask for anger. I had to look at this emotion and face it honestly in order to move through it.




I believe the process of asking for help for ourselves or another person is honest; we all ask for help at different times in our lives.

Each one of us is in need in some way of some thing. Sometimes just being heard is what we need, not feeling shut out, pushed away, ignored and lonely.

I learned in ministry school that it is healthy to ask for what we need.  Notice I did not say what we "want", but what we "need".

Wanting is an emotion of the human kind. Needing is a desire of the spiritual kind. 

Sometimes the lesson is recognition that we were strong enough, powerful enough, to be willing to ask for help. I've decided to hold on to this today and let go of the results.

With this realization and deeper understanding, the mask of sadness has dissipated. I am left with a Truth and it is this:



(Use the link to go directly to my campaign for Jennie at GoFundMe.)



Jennie

In addition to my previous gifts, I pledge to match all donations made during the month of December, up to $200.00. I am looking toward the good in all things today!


Thank you for reading and have a great day!
-Laren


2 comments:

Shaiha said...

I am just now trying to catch up on my blogs so I am sorry that I didn't respond. I wish that I could donate monetary but money is tight here as we wait to see if my husband's disability is going to come thru and I am changing jobs. I will light a candle & send healing energy though. Just sorry I can't do more.

Laren Dee Barton said...

Dearest Shaiha, Your words and intention in lighting a candle and sending healing energy are a gift that I accept with love. I will share your kindness with Jennie and she will be deeply appreciative. Thank you so very much for writing and sharing your thoughts. I offer a prayer for you and your husband, that your own financial needs will be realized. Happy Holidays to you and yours! All my love, Laren