Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WHAT IS THANKSGIVING WITHOUT GRATITUDE?

WHAT IS THANKSGIVING 

WITHOUT GRATITUDE?

November 27, 2014






Dear Reader,

It has long been part of my daily devotion to meditate upon the three Gs: Grace, Goodness and Gratitude.

The world appears to be in an uproar and frightening, yet I am always reminded to step out of that fear and return to what is my singular truth, that God is present in our lives and has dominion over everything.

The Course In Miracles teaches that we may choose to live any moment in either light (love) or darkness (fear) and that one cannot exist in the presence of the other. 

Our lesson is to remember that choosing love is an act of removing darkness so that only light radiates fully. To live in this truth, in our highest good, means there is no room for that which does not serve us.

My prayer is that each of you may look within your own heart this holiday. Be mindful of your truths and shine your light upon them in every moment.

My own truths are centered first in faith and then in family. I feel enormous gratitude for my husband Bob. His mental health issues create, at times, overwhelming stress in our daily lives. In those moments I am reminded to stretch for greater compassion, understanding and patience. He is a kind man, a gentle soul, who gives time each day to think of me and my needs. We are committed to each other and our family. 

I am grateful for our two beautiful daughters who radiate laughter and joy. Their caring spirits touch those around them. The two are as close today as when they were children, loving and strong in their support for one another and spirited playfulness.

I am grateful for a wonderful son-in-law who cares deeply for his wife, who is proud of the life they have built together. A future son-in-law came into our family this year and loves our second daughter deeply. To see her new-found happiness is an answer to prayer.

The family would not be complete without our grandsons who are 18 and 22. They are loving, helpful and supportive to those around them. It has been a joy to watch them grow into young men.

I hope your own "table" is filled with all those whom you love. If any be far from you in distance, may they be present in your heart and watched over with loving care.

May your table be abundant, not only with fresh flowers and delicious foods, may the cornucopia of your life spill over with blessings of prosperity, abundance and good fortune. And so it is. Amen.


May you enjoy a blessed Thanksgiving!




Thank you for reading and have a great day!
-Laren



No comments: