Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BEACH GETAWAY INSPIRATION


TIDEPOOLS, SEASHELLS, PEARLS AND MORE


I am happy to report that our family getaway to Happy Camp at Netarts, OR proved to be everything I needed for renewal and inspiration. The good news gets better in that we have moved from rain and wind to blue skies and sunshine!

Grass is growing (dandelions have sprouted) and flowering trees are beautiful blossoms of pink and white. Doors and windows in the house are open today to fresh air and breezes. Wind chimes on the deck are singing, too, when there is enough movement for them. All signs are telling me that winter is now behind us. 

Let me share with you some photos that I took from the garden today. Nature always inspires me!










I used all this inspiration to set about creating new designs in the studio and will share some of them with you here.

The ceramic shell bead arrived while I was at the beach and I was thrilled to find it when I returned home. I knew immediately that it would become my first inspiration for design.





Lampwork beads are creamy in color, banded with blue stripes that pull the identical colors right out of the pendant.




I love pearls for their natural and unique characteristics and wanted to pair them with lovely spiral shells.




These spiral shells have been sliced to reveal their beautiful inner geometry and colors. White potato pearls and peach blister pearls are strung together in this casual arrangement. All the shells turn freely so that the wearer can play with the shells and pearls, turning them endlessly, enjoying individual shapes and textures.




Sea sediment jasper is a beautiful natural stone in a variety of rainbow color. The necklace below is sea sediment jasper and pyrite. Pyrite, a mineral that occurs naturally with jasper, often referred to as Fool's Gold, is found in sedimentary rocks. 




The beauty of the jasper is brilliant in itself and needed to be showcased so that it was the outstanding feature. Each bead is separated by tiny clear lampwork bead spacers and attached to silvertone cable chain through silver connectors.




The inspiration for this charm bracelet comes from a set of nine genuine silvery seashells hand-picked on beaches in Scotland.




Charm bracelets are known for their soft 'swishy' sound and this one is no exception - I do love to design charm bracelets. Using double cable chain link, the bracelet is strung with mint green 1940's vintage flower charms, green Czech beads, transparent green glass beads in shell motif and silvertone fish charms. The bracelet has a lobster clasp and extender with bead drop, adjustable for wrists 7" to 8 1/4".




Each design is available at LAREN DEE DESIGNS
and featured on page one of shop listings. 





May you find your own inspiration and feel blessed
in all that Nature gives us. Amen.





Thank you for reading and have a great day!
-Laren



No comments: