Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Artisan Whimsy BEAD LOVERS VALENTINE CHALLENGE

ARTISAN WHIMSY

BEAD LOVERS CHALLENGE

"We know the passion our beaders have. Let's show it!"
February 14, 2013





Who doesn't love Valentine's Day? I never tire of giving or receiving flowers - the simplicity of tulips, the beauty of roses or elegant European bouquet. Send them to me everyday, please! I love the colors of pink, red and white during the month of February. Send me truffles wrapped up in a beautiful coffee mug with clear cello and ribbons and I am a happy girl! It's a beautiful season to declare one's love to another. I never tire of sending gifts to my step-mom, my daughters, my husband. Giving to someone else is a delight, for in their surprise and joy, it all comes back to my heart, increased in measure.

Now when it comes to beading, I drool over beautiful lampwork beads! When I found the large puffed heart-shaped beads I used in this design of bracelet and earring set, I fell in love with the accents of purple and green, as well. Here, then, is my offering for Bead Lovers Valentine Challenge:





PASSIONATE HEARTS 
Bracelet and Earring Set


BRACELET  Strung with quality tarnish free copper wire and copper toggle closure. Three beautifully textured and richly colored puffed lampwork heart shaped beads are the focals of the design. The puffed hearts are 3/4"x3/4" and 1/2" thick. White lampwork beads with pink florals are balanced with copper end caps. Copper spacers and light green faceted crystals complete the design.

EARRINGS  Ear wires measure 1 1/4" in length; overall length is 4 3/8".  Wire wrapped with tarnish free copper wire and strung with one lampwork heart, one white and pink floral lampwork bead with copper end caps. Two green crystals and one green briolette drop with copper spacers complete the look.




Thank you to Artisan Whimsy for hosting this event
and to the gals who generously donated prizes:
Sharyl's Jewelry
Diane Hawkey
Melinda Orr Designs






"Thank you for reading - have a great day!"
-Laren




3 comments:

alyj said...

These are beautiful Laren! What gorgeous beads. Your designs keep getting better and better.

Sharyl said...

Lovely pieces, Laren! Beautiful beads, toggle, and design! (And thanks for the mention too!) :-)
~Sharyl

BlueAntiquities said...

Hearts and flowers...beautiful! The color combo is
stunning and I really
like the contrast
between the small
flower bead
and the heart bead on the bracelet!
Your a sweet lady Laren!