Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

THE INTERVAL IN-BETWEEN

With all the decor from inside and outside homes and businesses tucked away, my design thoughts begin to turn towards February. Yet there is this time in-between, this interval, that needs its own burst of something new and fresh.

In getting ready for the holiday next month, I was sorting through all the beads and metals in my inventory. I began laying out anything heart-shaped or appropriate in pink, red and white colorways.  I have an assortment of very pretty Czech glass beads and lampwork beads arriving within the next week and am excited to receive them, as well.

Going through my stash of beads was also a good time to remind myself of what I do have, that I forget I have when absorbed in specific color palettes (like red and green). January is a month to break free from the preoccupation of last month, before we are all reminded how pretty reds, pinks and whites are!

Dark blue and white dragonfly tiles caught my eye and I decided to do something with them in earrings.  Here is a photo of the resulting design:






I used black wire and strung the beads in wire-wrapped form beginning at the bottom of the earrings. The large bottom loops hold three soldered rings and three dangling beads each. Round blue beads in two sizes and dragonfly tiles are placed next. The dragonfly motif is reversible and can turn easily when hanging from the earlobe. The entire length is finished off with another smaller loop at the top and attached to leverback findings with jump rings.  

If you would enjoy owning these earrings, I have a contest currently running at:





The rules are simple:  Click the LIKE button on my page if you have not previously done so.  Hover over the LIKE button and click the "get notifications" link. Find the photo (as shown above) marked with Game Play and leave a comment that you are entered in the game. That's it! Game closes on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at Noon PST. Winner will be determined by random number generator.  Good luck!


Thank you for reading and have a great day!



No comments: