Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Friday, January 11, 2013

MEMORIES AND THANKS Blog Hop


January 12, 2013
hosted by
Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 



When Lori suggested the theme for this blog hop, I liked the idea of being true to the memory of her friend, the woman this blog hop was designed around. For this reason, I chose to honor her by creating jewelry using both her love of birds and the color red. 







From among a selection of birds that I had purchased, a solid red lampwork bird was my first choice.  But when the order arrived, the red birds were not as pretty as others. I did love the little lampwork bird that I chose (photo) with a top notch of red and just a touch of red on wing tips. There was humor in the dark red snail shell Czech glass beads, as well, for surely there are birds who love snails! With the dark swirls in the body of the little bird, it was a simple decision to use gunmetal chain for the bracelet with a simple magnetic closure.








My original design had the bird strung with two Czech beads but I shortened that later with black crystals, preferring the way it blended in with the overall design.  I decided against the red crystals that I had originally pulled to use, preferring the black crystals so much more.








The completed bracelet is very soft and fluid on the hand, easy to put on the wrist.  The little bird is now a pretty Memory-Keeper, holding all one's memories, dreams and hopes of the past, present and future. The bracelet feels romantic and a little magical, as if little bird will chirp gentle thoughts to the wearer, forever offering tidings of love within one's blessed memories.






A note of thanks to Lori Anderson for creating
'Memories and Thanks Blog Hop'.
To follow all artists who participated in this event:

MEMORIES AND THANKS Blog Hop Participants


Your comments are gratefully appreciated.
Thank you for hopping in, and have a great day!




(coupon available through January 15, 2013)

LAREN DEE DESIGNS


20 comments:

Sharyl said...

I was just admiring this, not realizing it was your entry for this event! It's truly a beautiful design, Laren!

Karin said...

I love the combination of red and black in this - gorgeous!

windbent said...

Very striking.

Here Bead Dragons said...

This a such lovely bracelet, your choices were excellent.

~cryssT

Louann Elwell said...

Love the little birdie focal. I can tell you enjoyed designing this beautiful bracelet!

Sea of Dreams said...

What a beautiful bracelet...the black and red make for a striking design.

Becky Pancake said...

This tribute to Mari is outstanding. I've been looking at your blog & I really like your designs.

Andrea said...

Well Lauren, I read this blog and your blog today. You write so beautifully about your husband and the faith you found after his untimely death. You are truly a wise woman and gifted jewelry maker. Take care and I hope you start smiling again. Andrea

Shaiha said...

What a gorgeous bracelet! I just loved hearing about your thought processes about the design.

Donetta said...

You made a very beautiful piece of jewelry to honor Marianna...and your husband, I believe. Wishing you and your lovely daughters all the best!

Robin Reed said...

I love the design and the little birdie is just great!!!

Terri said...

Lauren, this is gorgeous! Rich with meaning! Hope you are enjoying the hop!
Hugs
Terri G.

Kim said...

I love the bracelet, it is beautiful and I bet it would be fun to wear. The memories of your husband brought tears to my eyes, thank you for sharing them with us.

la mar de bonita said...

Read your memories first - what a heart touching story. You know, there is always a special person, someone who is meant for someone. That seemed to be Lary for you! And you have two wonderful daughters with him, the most wonderful gift in the world. Such a lovely idea to keep your memories in a bracelet for those you love!

13 said...

Touching, honest and brave writing and thankfully you've been blessed with two beautiful daughters to keep you strong. The bracelet is lovely and the colours work so well together

Dyanne said...

Your bracelet is gorgeous! I love it!

TesoriTrovati said...

This is a strong design full of beautiful meaning. Thanks for sharing your story and creation. Enjoy the day. Erin

Kepi said...

Very beautiful bracelet, lovely tribute.

April Grinaway said...

I love this bracelet !!

mrs beadsley said...

i love the red and black together in this bracelet. beautiful work!