Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Inspirational Bracelets of Faith

One of the things I love designing, is jewelry that provides the wearer an opportunity to display their faith in a quiet, subtle manner.  Anyone can wear large glaring crosses that are blinged out from top to bottom, but a lifetime of faith makes it difficult for me to warm to those.  They are, after all, just for fashion.  I believe faith or spirituality is a quiet and very personal gift we are given.  In that light, I would like to share with you some bracelets of faith that I made this week.

The antique brass crosses are two inches in length.  They are gently curved so that they fit the wrist very comfortably.  I used lobster clasps and a small amount of chain on the opposite side of the bracelet for closure and adjustability.  

The first grouping of five crosses were made using a variety of natural stone in soft colors, dark brown variegated Czech beads and faceted crystals:







The final four bracelets were designed using different colors of magnesite in green or blue shades with a matrix, and in a variety of shapes; coin, round, octagon and flattened oval.  I was equally pleased with the results:








I like this grouping of all four together:





1 comment:

A Half-Baked Notion said...

These work for me both as a Christian and as a jewellery designer, Laren. Would you share the supplier of those elegant crosses?