Do What You Love With Passion!

It's been said that if we do what we love, it stops being a job and becomes a passion. I love to write as much as I love to design jewelry. With this blog, I will share both with you!

Friday, October 26, 2012

Bead Packet Challenge #2 Blog Hop Reveal

Bead Packet Design Challenge #2
Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hosted by Sharyl McMillian-Nelson of Sharyl's Jewelry
featuring Natalie Pappas of NKP Art Beads and NKP Designs






The day Sharyl introduced the concept of this challenge, I was immediately captivated with the colors of these beads and wanted to participate in this event!

I was excited when the beads arrived and knew it would be pure fun to design a piece of jewelry.  The question of course, what?  Necklaces are one of my favoirte items to design and this would afford me the opportunity to use every bead in the packet.  I didn't want to leave a single bead out of this project!

My process of designing is not to be rushed, to lay the beads out so that I may consider sizes, shapes, colors.  I prefer necklaces that are in longer lengths and this allows me to use chain and extenders, incorporating yet another layer of texture, color, shape to the overall design elements.

Here, then, are five photographs of the necklace I created for this challenge:






for your consideration:

Artisan Crafted Gunmetal Finish Necklace with
Hand Made Ceramic and Lampwork Beads
Designed by Laren Dee Barton of Laren Dee Designs






Necklace measures 26 inches in length with 3 inch extender in high quality gunmetal finish cable chain link.  Extender has wire wrapped beads to hang down the neckline.

Necklace comprises one large soft red focal bead with scrolled design, approximately 19mm, and two medium sage green beads, approximately 15mm each. These are hand-made ceramic pottery art beads by Natalie Pappas of NKP Beads. 

Additional beads include four cream natural fossil and two soft red howlite beads, all 12 mm in size. Four multicolor and vividly patterned lampwork beads are included, as well.  Smaller natural stone beads in sage green and cream carry the necklace upwards to metal bead stations, connecting to high quality gun metal chain link. Lobster clasp and extender complete the look of this one-of-a-kind crafted necklace.















"Thank you for looking - have a wonderful day!" 
-Laren Dee Barton


Bead Packet Design Challenge #2 Blog Hop Reveal



9 comments:

Sharyl said...

Laren, the addition of the colorful lampwork beads make your piece really unique! I think it's fun to mix different artist's work in one piece of jewelry! Your bead caps are a nice touch too! I love using beadcaps but don't use them often with pottery. Now that I've seen you and Kashmira do it, I must rethink that! Pottery beads deserve their beadcaps too! :-)

This is lovely! Thanks for playing along! --Sharyl

Shirley Moore said...

I'm with Sharyl, I love the lampwork beads in the design. They truly make this your creation, and set off Natalies pieces beautifully!

Alicia said...

This is such a lovely design - the lampwork matches the rest of the elements beautifully. I love long necklaces too :)

KayzKreationz said...

I love the length of this necklace and the way you draw the eye to the focal part of the necklace with the large bead. The lampwork beads really add a pop of color to it. Very pretty.

Cilla said...

Lovely necklace. I too like the lampwork. I love lampwork and pottery. I like the combo too! Great work!

Jean A. Wells said...

This is a beautiful necklace. Just when I thought that Alicia's copper chain was the perfect accent, I now see that gunmetal is also a perfect accent. Just goes to show how many "perfect" ways there are to design jewelry. I really like those lamp work beads that you used too. They go very well with Natalie's beads. Great job!

Tanya said...

What a wonderful mix of beads. I also like the lampwork beads with Natalie's beads. The colors work so well together and and I love the addition of the bead caps .. they are a great touch.

Whimsical Monkey said...

Wonderful colors. It all works together so well. I love it. It's so lovely.

Cheri said...

Hello, I love the additional beads you added, they are a perfect match and enhancer. I also like that your necklace is long...as I have said on a couple of the other blogs, amazing how different each of our designs are.